Ottawa First Aid Training
Castor Canada takes pride in delivering the highest quality first aid, CPR, and WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training courses in the Ottawa area. First aid training is certified by the Canadian Red Cross through a registered training partner agreement.
Courses meet workplace requirements for both Provincial (WSIB) and Federal employees. Emergency level and standard level first aid courses can include either level A (adult only CPR) or level C (adult, children and infant CPR) depending on client’s requirements. All first aid and cpr courses include automated external defibrillator (AED) training. This training is introductory and intended for lay rescuers. We work will work with your business to ensure that your employees have the knowledge and skills needed to work safely and to respond to emergencies as they happen.
The Instructor is an experienced firefighter and paramedic, so you can count on receiving accurate, personal and real-life instruction. You will learn what really happens at an emergency scene from someone who has been to many. This experience will help to properly prepare you to deal with traumatic and medical emergencies.
Castor Canada believes that in order to teach an accurate first aid course, you have to have real life experience. That if the course is enjoyable as well as informative there will be greater interest in learning. That is why all of our first aid, CPR, and WHMIS training courses can be tailored to meet each individual clients requirements.
Castor Canada’s course have been delivered to many types of businesses in and around Ottawa including trades people, security guards, dental offices, health care providers, factory,warehouse and office workers.
FIRST AID LEVELS
- Standard Level First Aid (SFA)
- Emergency Level First Aid (EFA)
- Will receive Red Cross certification which is equivalent to St John ambulance certification for workplace first aid
- Adult Only CPR (Level A)
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR (Level C)
- Health Care Provider CPR (HCP)
- Will receive Red Cross certification which is equivalent to St John ambulance certification
WORKPLACE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INFORMATION SYSTEM (WHMIS)
- Castor Canada’s WHMIS training program now includes the integration of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification (GHS) into Canada’s program.
- Our generic WHMIS training course can be combined with an employer’s site specific training to ensure all workers are trained as required.
What level first aid training do we need? That depends on the size of your workforce. Ontario regulation 1101 spells out the first aid training requirements and can be found here O. Reg. 1101
Pricing is very competitive and we will work with you to deliver a course that meets your needs; including scheduling, location, and budget.
Our group first aid courses can be taught on-site for groups of 6 or more people within the city of Ottawa and in the outlying areas including:
Cornwall, Kingston, Brockville, Belleville, Smiths Falls, Renfrew, Pembroke